The objective of the questionnaire:
The GLIAS Board are considering
To support this, all members are being asked to complete a questionnaire for their views.
- how we can increase membership — membership numbers are gradually falling while the age profile is increasing
- if and how we can improve what GLIAS does for its members — educational and social activities etc.
- if and how we can improve what GLIAS does for wider society — the recording activities that used to be undertaken are being superseded by guardianship of industrial history through the planning process etc.
- if and how GLIAS can improve its educational role
- if there are new activities that GLIAS can and should be undertaking
Where to find the questionnaire
The questionnaire is on Survey Monkey and is accessed at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GLIAS
Alternatively, those members without a computer can obtain a paper copy from the GLIAS Secretary, Tim Sidaway at 36 Gallows Hill Lane, Abbots Langley, Hertfordshire, WD5 0DA. But we do ask that as many people as possible complete the survey online as it aids analysis.
How to complete it
How the questionnaire will be used
- Completing the questionnaire online will take about five minutes.
- We ask that Individual Members complete the questionnaire only once. However, we would welcome a response from each active individual in a Family Membership.
- If you canít provide an exact answer to a question, an approximation is more useful than a blank
- If there is a question to which you donít want to reply, please leave it blank and answer the others.
The results and numerical analysis will be circulated to the membership upon completion.
The GLIAS Board will use the responses to the questionnaire to gauge the feeling of the membership on our activities and to assess if there is a wish to do anything differently. Should there be a call for major changes, these will be presented to the members for approval before implementation.
It may be that a second questionnaire is used to follow up on the results from this first questionnaire.
Responses to the questionnaire are guaranteed to be confidential by our use of Survey Monkey. However, we do give respondents the option to provide an email address if they wish to enable us to follow up on aspects if needed. There is, however, no pressure nor requirement to provide an email address.
If a respondent does provide their address, it will be used only in accordance with the GLIAS email policy.
Please complete the questionnaire at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GLIAS
© GLIAS, 2017